August 09, 2007

Courtesy of a hazy mind...

So I'm the only one in the office today because the other peeps are out attending a meeting. You would think that this would lend to my getting lotsa work done. And normally, you would be right.

However, I am battling (unsuccessfully) the hangover of Tylenol PM, plus I was sapped of energy thanks to the humidity during my lunch run--that's a run to get lunch, not a run during lunch--so I thought I should update the blog.

1. I made the trek to Wendy's today to sample their Baconator. I admit I enjoy the name of this burger. It's 2 all-beef patties, 2 slices of American cheese, and 6 strips of bacon. (It also comes with mayonnaise and ketchup, blech, so be sure to order it plain like I did.)

Instead of yammering about the god-awful line at Wendy's or the humidity, I'll compare the Baconator to the BMM (or, as you may know, the Wendy's Bacon Mushroom Melt).

Table 1: Burger Comparison

Baconator 2007Bacon Mushroom Melt
Bacon?

Yes! 6 luscious strips

Yes! (Count unknown)

Cheese?

Yes! 2 slices of American

Yes! Cheese sauce, and a slice of American

Mushrooms?

:( (No)

Yes!! Smothered in cheese sauce and bacon

Other condiments?

Unfortunately, yes

Nope! Order as is

Beef?*

2 Patties

1 Patty

Worth the humidity?

Nah.

Well, DUH



As you can see, the Baconator, while hefty on the bacon, does not stand up to the marvel that is the Bacon Mushroom Melt.

To recap, you don't have to order the Bacon Mushroom Melt plain or without stuff you don't like. It just naturally comes with bacon, mushrooms, and lots of cheese. Just the sorts of goodness you live for. The Baconator, however, must be ordered as you like it, otherwise, gobs of mayo and ketchup will subvert the taste of cheesy bacon goodness.

I don't know about you, but I prefer not to have my bacon subverted.

I'm sure Bartleby would agree with me.

So I won't be making another half-mile trek to Wendy's for lunch again anytime soon. Sorry Dave & Co., but why not just bring the BMM back, hm, and save us all some trouble?

*Well, it's probably beef, but who knows for sure....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loves me some bacon!

I'm so glad you're posting more!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Hannah L said...

It is a great service to humanity to offer this review/comparison of the baconator (and BMM). I thank you. Now, if you could just figure out the logarithm that determines its schedule of availability ....

4:57 PM  
Blogger H. said...

I think we need to harass the Wendy's folks via email and request, nay, DEMAND, that they bring back the BMM!!

Of course, last time I went to their site, the comments section was busted.

Grr. Arrgh.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Hannah L said...

jerks. So much for democracy.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home