June 22, 2007

Rantings of the wet and fishy kind

I had shrimp for lunch. Shrimp and corn on the cob on a stick. But no biscuit. I would have had a biscuit, but the dopes at Popeye's forgot to give me one. And what's more, I found out that my friend came away with THREE (!!) biscuits.

And while I'm bitching and moaning, I may as well throw in the fact that while making a space at my desk to eat, I accidentally knocked over a cup of water, which made stuff wet, including my little horsey bean-bag doll that was a gift all the way from Japan and which you can see to the right of this page, and although I plucked him out of the water after about 10 minutes (I hadn't realized he was in harm's way), I didn't realize the extent of the damage until about an hour later, and the damage is such that his neck has been opened (I guess it was glued instead of sewn), and little beady things are looking to make an escape, and a white thread or two on his face are now loose and what makes this all the more intolerable and disheartening is the thought that: If this was put together in Japan, shouldn't it be holding up better?!?

And while that is all bad and horrible, I have also noticed some kind of fishy odor that is surrounding my desk environs and I have no idea what could be causing it. It can't be the shrimp, because shrimp doesn't smell like fish. It can't be me, because I bathe and change my clothes and stuff. It can't be the trash, because I thought it was the trash so I dumped the whole bag in the garbage can in the kitchen, and then I went into someone else's office who no longer works here and appropriated her plastic baggie for my can and then I found some Lysol Disinfectant Spray and sprayed around the area. And I went and washed my hands and bought 5 sticks of gum out of the vending machine for 50 cents and chewed a piece of it and I don't even like to chew gum.

And yet it still smells weird. Like around the computer and where I sit. I can't blame it on my mom or this other old co-worker, so what gives? Is my little beanbag responsible? If you get it wet, does it smell like fish? Except I sniffed the little beanbag and it just smells like a little wet beanbag, and they're not even real beans, just a bunch of plastic pellets, too.

The phone just rang and I lost my rant, but I'm hoping the place airs out by the time I come to work on Monday, and I'm totally telling Popeye that he forgot my biscuit next time I go there, too. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home