August 08, 2005

More Shock, No Awe

That gasp you didn't just hear was my reaction to the news that Peter Jennings has passed. Remind me not to read the Yahoo! news sidebar before bedtime, and remind me not to be eating while I'm doing it.

I'm not sure how or why, but Peter Jennings was my favorite newscaster. Perhaps it was his roll-up-the-sleeves way of getting into it, or the stately quality of his voice. Or just that his fellow newscasters irked me beyond normal levels of irkdom. What's more, I'm not even much of a newswatcher, but when it came time to get the info, I went with ABC. And this was before they came up with "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives."

Peter Jennings was 67. That's 7 more years than my dad got, but it's still not enough.

Really gotta post something upbeat soon. Suggestions?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your previous comment and I figured you'd be interested in removing comment spam.

Also, the death of Peter Jennings upset me, too.

1:09 PM  
Blogger H. said...

Gosh, one of the few times I get a comment, and it's spam. What a total drag. Thanks for the FYI, yi.

4:37 PM  
Blogger oncee said...

Maybe you should change the name of your blog to Death Blog. (This is not spam)

8:09 AM  
Blogger H. said...

Well, that would make my post about "so when did this become the DeathBlog" make more sense I guess. ;)

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home