May 23, 2005

Man...

I just saw where the voice of Fred Flintstone has died. (Ironically, this was the cause.) Not the original Fred Flintstone (Alan Reed), but I guess it's still a bummer. I hate hearing about people dying, especially ones who made my youth a highly enjoyable experience. I'm not kidding, people. I would come home from school, watch The Flintstones, take a nap, eat dinner, maybe (but not likely) do some homework, stay up late, and then the next day, start all over again.

I also hate major disappointments that you don't expect. Like this past Friday, a co-worker and I were gonna hit up one of the local temples to see what goes on. And we planned to eat at this diner I loved. This diner was so close to my last office building (we moved last year), and they had the best grilled cheese and milkshakes known to man. Seriously. Darned good milkshakes. So of course, as we neared the place, it became painfully clear that the diner was no longer in business. The sign said that the family decided to close it on May 10th, after 38 years of business. So, not only will I never have another faboo milkshake or grilled cheese, but I missed it by only 10 days. :(

Anyhoo, I don't have time to put up a Fred graphic or a picture of a yummy milkshake, so I invite you to leave some comments about some restaurant or product or fun thing you will never ever have again, too. (Misery, company, you see what I'm saying.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes a good meme. I need to make a list.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a teen I enjoyed these chocolate fudge breakfast bars - they were yummy. But one day they just vanished from the grocery store shelves and I have never found them again.
Ahhh memories of early mornings before school in my nightgown and a delicious chocolate fudge breakfast bar. They were healthy, weren't they? ;)

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home