May 24, 2005

Son of "Man..."

Ok, what's up with all the Grrrrr-rrr-eat voice actors kicking the bucket? First Fred Flintstone, now Tony the Tiger?!?

Which reminds me...I don't really think there've been any good voice actors since the death of Mel Blanc. I could be wrong, sure, but let's face it...most of the cartoon movies being produced today use actors, but not voice actors. Which means when Ray Romano is voicing a woolly mammoth, it sounds like Ray Romano. Ditto Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, Ellen DeGeneres, etc. I find it distracting, but mostly annoying. A few actors, ok, can stretch their limits. But not very many. And as for Mel Blanc's son, Noel, well, I give him an "A" for Effort. It's gotta be hard living up to that, y'know?

Still, though, if I go to tv.zap2it.com tomorrow to find out that Frank Oz has passed...well, let's just say I'll be very upset.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Apparently, the voice of Tigger has passed away too. :(

Link to Story

There is no truth to the rumors that his final words were "Ta-Ta for Now".

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home