November 29, 2006

Nonsense-quitur-itis

That was a mouthful.

So I had a whole bunch of ideas for posts, but never got around to doing them. Like there was one I was going to call "Consumer Rapports" about how I left a comment on Sea-Pak's website about their marvelous shrimp scampi and how they sent me a coupon for a FREE product, good up to 9 bucks! (That scampi's like $6.99.) I mean, seriously, you can't buy the kind of customer loyalty that inspired. I rode that high for a good week.

But I didn't have time to write that post or any of the other ones.

So now, to make up for lack o'posts, I'll just type some basic yammering.

1. My soap is about to come on SoapNet. That's right, I said "my soap." My soap is Crabtree & Evelyn's Spring Rain (dang, they quit making all my favorite products, too, I need to email them about that. Although I probably should have contacted them years ago when they quit making the shampoo and conditioner and the sachets.), but back in February, I caught DOOL (that's Days of Our Lives to you) on SoapNet and it put me to sleep. That's right. It was so freaking boring and horribly acted that it actually made me sleepy. Awesome.

But over the past couple of months, they've gotten a new head writer, so things sort of happen on the show and characters don't have the same conversations with themselves over and over and over and over. Plus there's a new cutie to look at. EJ Wells, woo.

2. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it..or whatever Santayana said. Well, what about those of us who remember the past but think that it will be different this time?

I'm talking about being stupid enough to download more Norton stuff instead of just renewing my anti-virus protection. Last year when I downloaded upgrades, it wouldn't install properly and I had to reset my computer and get a refund and blah blah blah.
This year, I thought about that. And about how easy it would be to just renew my subscription instead of downloading new stuff.

Then I thought about how I downloaded that Paintshop Pro program and how it took over 7 hours.

There's a lesson here somewhere, I just wish I could freaking learn it.

3. The previous ramblings brought to you courtesy of fits and starts of typing while watching Days. I'd say how the mighty have fallen, but everyone knows I'm a weakling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home