February 02, 2005

eDisharmony

Ok, so I re-upped with eHarmony, and I'm not even sure why. Oh yeah. I was sucked in by the "we are about to delete your profile" e-mail so I went ahead, logged in, and found myself ordering one month of it. Well, I mean, it took me a long time to answer those 437 questions the first time, y'know. I don't want all my hard work going to waste. (No cracks.)

Anyhoo. For those of you who have been blessed enough to have already found your soulmates (not that I believe in soulmates), you may as well skip this entry and go read something more life-affirming.

I kid! (Or do I?)

The communication process (and believe me, it *is* a process) with this system is interesting, intricate, and more than a little infuriating at times. For the first few rounds of "guided communication," you can choose canned multiple choice questions for your match to answer, and then of course, vice versa. The trouble is, many of these questions are quite difficult. Either none of the provided choices applies, or you're somewhere in between, but fortunately, you can also choose to type a short answer yourself. Unfortunately, however, most of your typed answers are going to make you sound like a middle-of-the road indecisive wussy. (Unless you choose to mock the answers, which is actually not always the best road to take...trust me.)

Here's a short sampling of some of the questions from various rounds, I won't give you the multiple choice answers just yet (tune in soon for another installment):

1. How often do you find yourself laughing?
2. If your date took you a party where you didn't know anyone, what would you do?
3. When in a relationship, how much personal space do you generally find you need?
4. If you had to characterize the end of most of your romantic relationships, they would be described as...
5. Is Dr. Neil Clark Warren's posse gonna come after me for posting these questions?

Answering number 4 was a tad difficult for me since, let's face it, I'm not exactly a woman of the world with a failed relationship in every state of the Disunion. Wanna know how I answered it?

Tune in tomorrow. (Just fyi, that's also the name of a movie I was an extra for, but my [crowd] scene got cut. Hey, that's probably why I'm not a woman of the world. Damn you, film editor!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home