March 18, 2005

When Life Hands You Lemons...

A co-worker keeps a trove of Lemonheads on her desk. More specifically, they're inside a big ceramic chicken. She has a thing about chickens. And roosters. It's quite the interesting office.

Anyhoo. Yesterday she invited me to partake of said trove, so I gingerly lifted off the chicken head and was relieved to note that each Lemonhead was individually wrapped. See, I'd been envisioning heaps of tiny Lemonheads, all touched at one time or another by other co-workers whose cleanliness habits don't match my own. (Translation: There are some who don't wash their hands after using the restroom. Trust me.)

So I've had this individually-wrapped Lemonhead on my desk for about a day, and only now have I noticed what is troubling about the candy (besides the fact that it was inside a chicken head). I am troubled by the fact that the candy is the size of a Jawbreaker. I don't like Jawbreakers. Who would? First of all, it mentions a jaw that could be broken. I haven't had a broken jaw, but I know a girl who once had her jaws wired. Her name was Sarah and I only knew her during summers at the pool. It was hard to converse with her, but I tried anyway, because she seemed nice and was always smiling. Although now that I think about it, maybe that was just because of the wiring. I don't really know.

Why do you think they call it dope?I do know some facts about Lemonheads, though. For starters, did you know that these candies aren't shaped like their Lemonheaded mascot? And did you further know that they are made by Ferrara Pan, a Chicago-based company? I highly recommend visiting their website. The tour of how the candies are made is well worth it. Whenever I see big machinery cranking out objects I intend to put in my mouth, I'm intrigued. I always think the machines must be dirty, but that doesn't seem to stop me from plucking off a chicken's head, now, does it?

Learn about making Lemonheads!
(It's fun! As are Lemonheads, in their original, smaller form.)

Picture snagged from FerraraPan.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee.

More posts! More posts!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home